Saturday, June 5, 2010

Visits!

As is evidenced by the fact that I'm just getting around to updating the blog, the end of May and beginning of June were C-R-A-Z-Y times at Casa de McFincher.  I had to take my first week-long sans-Lu trip in May in order to attend a work retreat at Yellowstone NP.  It was so very hard to be away, but the bison, grizzly bear, wolves, and more all helped me feel a bit better.  (Pics from my trip here.)  While it wasn't easy for Lu and Allen, my mom came up and helped, which made things much much more bearable.  This pic was taken the day after I returned.

Then, just a week after I got back, Allen had to head to Austin to attend the tryouts for the soccer club where he'll be coaching again when we return in July.  His mom was already up in Knoxville for the Destination Imagination global finals, and she stayed for an additional week to watch Lu while I was at work and help in general! 

Lu had a wonderful time playing with both grandmothers.  We are so very very lucky that we have such wonderful families.  I'm so glad that we are able to spend time with them now, and am looking forward to more visits when we're back in Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment