Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Happy belated Mother's Day!

We celebrated Mother's Day with giddy excitement last year while Lu was still in my belly, but this was my first official Mother's Day, and it was fantastic.  Ben Sollee just happened to be playing an outdoor show in Knoxville (for real! the timing was incredible!) so we went and Lu not only stayed awake for but enjoyed the whole show!  And we went to say thanks afterwards, and she was quite keen to touch his cello...  here's hoping that she wants to play it - a lot - for me - in a few years.

Also, I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize to my mom for never really understanding how important Mother's Day is.  I know, I know, it's a holiday dreamed up by the greeting card industry, but man oh man!  All gifts, cards, flowers, etc aside, it's wonderful to have a day that recognizes what a great thing it is to be a mama. And it's truly an honor to be Lu's.

No comments:

Post a Comment